The key objectives of these tour-experiences by IVOMO are to preserve and promote Kinyaga heritage, empower local communities with a focus on women, youth, and persons living with disabilities by creating jobs and promote local businesses through tourism as a source of income.
- Tea Time: This offers a tour to IVOMO tea mini museum, hiking, biking, tea picking with local communities, traditional tea making, modern tea processing, and tasting.
- Kumbya Adventure: This tour combines bird watching; nature walks, camping site, and picnic with an amazing refreshing breathe from Lake Kivu.
- Kinyaga Community and Cultural Experience: This offers an experience of the unique culture and community’s daily lifestyle.
- Kumbya Islands Tour: This offers boat riding, local canoeing, kayaking, and fishing with a female-based local cooperative.
- Nyamasheke-Kigaga Richard Kandt House: Learning history and experiencing the beauty of Nyamasheke through adventure.
- IVOMO Biking Tour: Exploring Kinyaga through Sports and Adventure.
Tour and travel tips
We encourage our visitors to carry cold weather-friendly outfits as the Kinyaga area is mostly rainy because it is located in the neighborhood of a rainforest which is Nyungwe National Park. Especially for the Tea Time experience.
Days and hours of factory tea processing
If you consider enjoying a professional and memorable experience offered by IVOMO, please here are the days and hours we operate: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday Friday, and Saturday.
Although, due to the reconstructions that are going on in the tea factory, it is closed to tour purposes but will be back soon.
Note: Products and services may be booked at the office or online during opening hours
Mon-Fri: 9 am to 5 pm
Saturday: 8 am to 3 pm
Rusizi Tourism Products
- Kamembe City Tour (Day or Night)
- Nkombo Community and Cultural Experience
- Rusizi Kivu Boat ride and Fishing Experience
- Bugarama Rice Farm and Hot Springs Tours
- Shagasha Tea Tourism